Still having some trouble? Check out these tutorial videos (both English and Spanish) and FAQ’s to see if we can help! If not, feel free to visit our Contact page and submit a message for inquiries.
1. What makes this app different from all the rest?
For one, we’re a nonprofit organization, and Choose Healthier is completely free for both the user, and the vendor. This is the first app to aggregate all of the healthy opportunities in your neighborhood in one place, promoting those opportunities at no cost to the organizers!
2. How can I find the activities that are most convenient for me?
Click the filter icon in the top right corner of the app, beside the profile icon. Here, you can filter the day’s opportunities by type (fitness, wellness, nutrition,) experience level, age, and distance from a zip code or your current location. You can also sort for solely FREE healthy opportunities, because we believe everyone should be able to live an active and nutritious life, regardless of your budget.
3. What order are the activities listed in?
When you enter the app, today’s activities are listed in chronological order. Below, you can scroll to look at what’s happening on other days of the week!
4. I see an activity card I like. Now what?
Click the card! If you have not already, this will prompt you to create an account and login. Then, you can view all of the details you’ll need to attend: location, time, cost, a description, and the provider’s phone number and website!
5. How can I use Choose Healthier if I do not have a smartphone?
Visit the website choosehealthier.org and add in your zip code and any other filters to view activities near you! All of the same features are available on the web and in the app.
1. How do I get my healthy business/organization involved with Choose Healthier?
Register your bus/org at choosehealthier.org/register to become a Choose Healthier vendor for FREE!
2. I never received an email confirming my account with Choose Healthier…?
Sorry, sometimes it takes a little time! Check back within 48 hours and use your login credentials you created to login from the Bus/Org Sign In button on the top right of the screen.
3. Why do I keep receiving error messages when registering?
Check which Internet browser you are using. Choose Healthier is most compatible with Chrome, Safari, or Firefox. Internet Explorer has presented many difficulties when registering.
4. Why can I not see my activity or event in the app or choosehealthier.org?
There are a few things to check on to make sure your event is showing up:
- Your Location within the app/website is set to your current location or the zip-code in which the activity takes place.
- The zip-code you created in the form for Location field is correct.
- You’re browsing through app activities on the day when yours are actually happening!
Note: You can also use the filters to find your activity quicker (i.e if it is a free yoga class for adults, use the Free and Adult filter within the corresponding zip code).